The Seattle area is home to many species of spiders, most of which are considered beneficial since they prey on other nuisance insects. During mating season in early Fall they can become a pest by weaving webs around our homes. While there are only two poisonous spiders in the region, some home owners opt to have a natural spider service for peace of mind.
for a one time treatment.
per quarter for our quarterly service.
How we control spiders naturally
- We provide a full inspection of the interior and exterior of your home to check for entry points and assess what might be attracting them to your home.
- We destroy any visible webs or trails of droppings.
- We typically apply a perimeter application of an eco-friendly powder and/or spray which provides a residual effect.
- When necessary, we place non toxic traps in strategic locations to monitor the size of the infestation.
- We’ll walk you through changes you can make at home to reduce attractants – prevention is the most natural form of spider control.
What you can do to control spiders
- Close your curtains every night. Insects are attracted to the light and spiders are attracted to the insects.
- Cut back on spider breeding areas by reducing clutter and cleaning regularly.
- Keeping a foot wide perimeter around your home clear of shrubs, garbage, lawn debris, woodpiles, etc.
- Remove any standing water around the property to reduce the number of watering sites
- Place sticky traps around your home near windows, corners, and other places spiders are typically found in your home