Ants are the most common nuisance pest in the Seattle area. Our natural ant service covers many types of ants including odorous house ants (often called sugar ants), pavement ants, and harvester ants. Unless you’re specially trained, finding the source of an ant problem can be tricky since nests come in a variety of shapes and sizes and often hide under foliage or tucked inside walls. With all these variables, most people have trouble solving an ant problem on their own.
for a one time treatment.
per quarter for our quarterly service.
Most customers only need one visit but some situations may require multiple treatments. Factors that make natural ant control more challenging include the size of the infestation and if the nest is unreachable (such as inside a wall cavity or on a neighbor’s property).
How we control ants naturally
- The first step is always identifying the pest, as control measures will differ from species to species.
- We inspect the interior and exterior of your home to check for entry points and pheromone trails.
- We destroy any visible nests or trails.
- We typically apply a perimeter application of an eco-friendly powder and/or spray as well as targeting nests.
- When necessary, we place baits in strategic locations to avoid contact with pets and kids while killing the largest number of ants.
- We’ll recommend changes you can make to reduce attractants – prevention is the most eco-friendly type of pest control.
What you can do to control ants
- Store your food in air tight containers.
- Wipe down your countertops daily to get rid of crumbs and ant pheromone trails.
- Keep pet food out of reach by creating a moat in a pie plate.
- Make periodic checks for damp or decaying wood.
- Prune plants so they’re at least 1 foot away from the house.
Please note that we do not treat for carpenter ants but will gladly refer you to someone who can.