Fleas typically feed on dogs or cats, but will also feed on humans. They pierce the skin and suck blood, much like a mosquito, leaving a red and itchy spot. After feeding, female fleas will lay eggs where the pets typically sleep. The cleaning of these egg depositories is essential for a successful pest management program.
We offer a range of solutions for fleas, the greenest being a combination of organic powders, flea traps, and treatments for your animal.
for two treatments.
per quarter for our quarterly service with an initial fee of $199.
How we control fleas
Our eco pest control approach
- As with all our pest treatments, we start with the least harsh products and escalate from there. We will assess your flea problem and determine the right mix of products.
- We will inspect your animals for fleas.
- We will instruct you on how to use organic flea products that reduce the likelihood that you’ll need additional treatments.
What you should do before we arrive for the first treatment
- Vacuum all carpet and furniture and throw the bag or canister away.
- Wash all pet bedding with hot water.
- Speak to your vet or treat your pet with vet-approved flea treatments.
- Depending on the treatment used, you and your pets may need to vacate the vicinity for 4 hours.
- Cover any fish tanks with towels.
- Unplug any air circulation systems.
- Remove as many items from the floor or under beds as possible.
- After treatment, vacuum all carpet and furniture and throw the bag or canister away for 2-3 weeks after treatment to continually remove eggs that are dropped from pets.
What you can do to control fleas
- Check indoor pets for fleas once a month, especially during the summer.
- Wash your pets with certified flea shampoo treatments.
- Vacuum home and pet bedding regularly.